Diplomas and Certificates
The school has the right to issue certificates for completed class, certificate of primary education, certificate of completed secondary education and diploma of secondary education.
Preparation and organization for taking exams and obtaining internationally recognized certificates of Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge: Preliminary English Test for Schools, First Certificate of English for Schools, Cambridge Advanced English, as well as preparation for the IELTS and TOEFL exams. FPMHS is also an examination center - due to the large number of participants - the exams are held with us, in the school building.
Opportunity to prepare for certification exams (TestDaF, Goethe-Zertifikat, ÖSD, DSH, TELC)
First high school stage for thoroughly studied subjects
English language training in the First Private Mathematical High School provides:
- determining the entrance level of the students at the beginning of the 5th grade and passing to the next level, without unnecessarily repeating what has already been learned;
- achieved level of the pan-European language framework in 7th grade - B1 and readiness to take the Preliminary English Test for Schools
- achieved level in the pan-European language framework in 8th grade - B2 and readiness to take the FCE (First Certificate of English For Schools)
- achieved level in 10th grade - C1 and readiness to take Cambridge Advanced English (CAE)
- achieving level C2 (Proficiency) in 12th grade
German language training starts in 8th grade in an extended form of study and envisages the achievement of level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in 12th grade. We are working on established learning systems of renowned German publishers (Hueber, Klett), which allow smooth and lasting learning of the language, aiming at its effective use in a natural language environment.
The training in a foreign language is part of the project "Innovative School" implemented in FPMHS. In this regard, the goals of innovative foreign language teaching are to achieve:
o Academic maturity, preparation for higher education;
o Learning skills;
o Critical and analytical thinking;
o Personal commitment, development of self-esteem skills;
o Presentation and argumentation skills;
o Project-based learning;
o Application of modern information technologies for assimilation and consolidation of the studied material;
o Ethical use of foreign resources and protection of personal space and intellectual work.
o Students have the opportunity to participate in various language competitions and Olympiads. The excellent performance of our graduates at these forums, as well as the high results achieved in certificate exams and DZI, are proof of the quality of foreign language teaching at the First Private Mathematical High School.
- Inverted classroom - Teachers develop content that will be presented in advance to students through the e-learning system Moodle. During the classes the content will be discussed, clarified and practiced. Students will also upload their work - essays or projects - to the platform and will evaluate each other.
- Interactive teaching with active use of IT - oriented to the interests and individual abilities in a foreign language of students, it gives them the opportunity to work individually or in groups, respectively, following their own step or in collaboration with others, develops skills for creative thinking and concentration, gives opportunity to discuss problems and solve them.
- Project-based training - a method and tool for teaching and self-learning to increase the quality and efficiency of knowledge acquisition, which supports the knowledge and skills of students from higher taxonomic levels: skills for collecting, summarizing, analyzing and presenting information. It allows for free search for a solution to a problem or task, develops the ability for public presentation, self-assessment and evaluation of the work done.
- Mutual evaluation - an integral part of the authentic assessment in project training. Students evaluate the projects of classmates on pre-defined rubrics and their constituent criteria. The method leads to the construction of critical thinking, a sense of responsibility, self-confidence.
Rules for granting scholarships to students after completing primary education in FPMHS
Rules for granting scholarships to students after completing primary education in FPMHS Annex 1
Scholarship application: Appendix 1 (for educational results achieved)
Scholarship application: Annex 2 (to support access to education and prevent dropout)
Scholarship application: Annex 3 (for students with permanent disabilities) and Annex 4 (for students without parents)
Scholarship application: Appendix 5 (for students with only one parent)
Scholarship application: Annex 6 (for overcoming one-off social circumstances related to access to education)
Scholarship application: Annex 7 (for high results in education or in activities in the field of science, technology, arts and sports)